I know just what your day needs: an amusing Christian apocalyptic rant against atheists, science, environmentalists, evolution, and “perverse sex.” Am I right? I shall deliver just this unto you, courtesy of RenewAmerica, the patriotic website of Alan Keyes, chronic presidential and GOP senate candidate and former Reagan U.S. appointee.
Today’s charming piece, “Evolution: anti-creation religion of secular atheism & the Green Dragon, is guaranteed to scare the bejeebus out of any righteous soul. The bellringer of doom is Linda Kimball, member of the wittily named groups “Grassfire, New Media Alliance, and MoveOff.” This piece would be a perfect test of Poe’s Law; compare it with posts from the delicious satire site HardDawn.com, like “Are Militant Atheists Using Chemtrails to Poison Angels?” or “Lesbian Wing of the Illuminati Seizes Control of the NFL,” which take aim at just this sort of grandiose, paranoid, Christian ultra-right fearmongering.
Kimball’s been writing for Keyes’ website for years – an easy job, since it’s just one creepy, wild-eyed article posted over and over again:
- Margaret Sangers’ evil “evolutionary gospel” of redemption and salvation
- Rise of the Global Church of Lucifer
- Nihilism and Satanic inversion: godless America’s ‘new’ reality of non-self and madness
- Why Mormonism will surrender to homosexuality
- In a world without God, fixed meaning, higher purpose and accountability, why not lie, cheat, wed ‘gay’ couples, plunder and kill?
- Falling stars, damnable heresy and the spirit of evolution
- Rev. 18:3: evolution…primordial heresy as the science of becoming God
- Progressive liberalism’s obscene obsession with sex: its sinister purposes
- Darwinism: devilish Gnostic myth dressed up as science
As if we haven’t gotten the point already, her latest dire rant opens with this warning by a 19th century English theologian: Continue reading